Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book Review 3: Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

I was really impressed by this book. It was predictable, but with was action packed, but didn't rush through anything. Like I said, predictable, I guessed the end right away, but some of the middle details I didn't expect. There isn't really any language(noticing a pattern?), and it wasn't too, too violent. I liked how it didn't dwell on the past and divulged information as the story progressed. The protagonist was strong yet, fragile all at the same time. I read it in one night, and wanted more, Jo Treggiari left the ending closed, but open, and could easily write another if she wanted too.
I loved the way that the protagonist slowly warms up to her later friends, and the ones she doesn't trust end up being what no one expected. I love how she eventually opens up to late love interest, and him to her.
I think that this story would envelop anyone who picked it up and just pull them into the story, I almost felt like I was right there, maybe not as the protagonist, but as someone beside her, who sees what she sees, but cannot be seen. I absolutely loved the plot, and the ending.
I am looking forward to reading another book by her.
Please look me up on YouTube to watch a video of my review, that will be up soon.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment