Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Reviews 9 & 10: The Selection and The Elite by Kiera Cass

So, 'The Guard' and 'The Prince' come out next month (February 4th) and 'The One' comes out in May, so to tide you over I thought that I would do a review of the first two, "The Selection' and 'The Elite' and then when 'The One' is released and I read it, I'll do a trilogy review. So, here we go;

'The Selection': Honestly, it took me forever to get into this book, for the first five or so chapters I was just trying to get through it, then, towards the middle of the book, I couldn't put it down, it was like I had to finish it all in one night (I didn't, but I wanted too). I think that, looking back at the book, it was written really well, it covered America and Aspen's pasts very well, and changed over to the castle scenario very well. You understand what America is going through, after all we have all been in at least one place we didn't really want to be. She starts to grow up, and we get to witness that. She starts to see that there is more to Maxon than meets the eye, and allows herself to open up more than she had planned on. She gains new friends, and discovers the evil in other girls is so abundant that she can't bear it that Maxon may be with one of these young ladies for the rest of his life. And of course Kiera had to throw a loop in America's plans. When I finished this book, I had to have the next one immediately, however it wasn't out so I waited, and while I was waiting I read a lot of books, and then 'The Elite' came out!

'The Elite': I jumped right into this one and didn't put it down until I was finished with it. There are only 6 of the 35 young ladies left to win Maxon over, but with Aspen in the back of her mind, America doesn't know who choose, the boy she has loved for years, or the prince that she barely knows. Both want her to be happy, but they also want her. Aspen, has gained so much since she came to the castle, and now he can support her like he wanted, but Maxon has given up many things for America. He has done great things for her, all to keep her safe and make her happy. She knows she has a short time to pick, but will she Aspen or Maxon? I seriously loved this book, it picked up a lot faster than 'The Selection' did, and it kept up it's pace really well too. In both of these books, there is almost everything you want in a book; romance, comedy,  a little action, friendship and most of all, the characters and story just pull you in. Kiera Cass is hilarious, and it shows in her book, with some of the little stunts that America pulls, it is almost like watching a bad sitcom.

 I was telling my mom and my sister about the books, before the cover of 'The One' came out and they said it was either going to be a black dress or a white dress. I said that I hoped it wasn't a black dress because that could possibly mean that Maxon or Aspen died and that would just be wrong (maybe), and a white dress could mean that she chose one of them and that could be messed up too (maybe). I am happy with the cover though, and have even got a friend into the trilogy too. I am hoping in "The One' that everyone will end up happy and everything will end on a high note for America. Anyway, just wanted to do a review before The short stories come out.

                                                                 Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment