Sunday, January 12, 2014

Book Review #7: Allegiant by Veronica Roth





'Allegiant' by Veronica Roth




So, I have been reading this book since I got it in October, and just finished it tonight. I loved this book, yet I hated it!!! I was hoping for more butt-kicking, however what I got was a lot of distrust, and arguing. I made the mistake of reading the end first, and then didn't want to finish, and finally just sucked it up and finished it. There were some great surprises, and then there were some things that I wasn't happy about. If you have read it you know what I mean... ;) I think that at the end Tobias' coming to terms with everything that had happened was well written, and put together. There wasn't quite as much humor as Divergent and Insurgent. There wasn't a lot of fast paced action, but what was there was put in the right places to build the story. I wish some if the characters that have passed could have been able to see the end result of their sacrifice, however, their memory still lives on, in us and the surviving characters. I am looking so forward to reading the shorts stories being released in November of this year, from I believe mainly Tobias' view point. Even thought this book wasn't up to me expectations in some ways, in others, it surpassed my expectations. I am looking forward to seeing what Veronica Roth will give us next. If you haven't read this trilogy yet, I highly recommend it, more the 'The Hunger Games'! Shocker right?! And those are the books that got me into reading and reviewing. Anyway, Allegiant was pretty darn good, at least in my opinion. The conclusion was a fitting end to the story and the characters.


In other news I will have another review up in the next couple days, the review will be of 'State of redemption' by David Korson. So are you excited for the 'Divergent' movie? I know I am!! I'll try and do a video to and from the showing, and try to get the friend I'm going with in it. I make no promises though!! Anyway, what are you looking forward to in 2014? What goals do you have this year? One of my book related ones is to read 25 to 30 books this year, since I didn't make it last year, so I'll keep you updated. If you are on Goodreads look for me, just look for TheWormIsAwesome, and my pic.


                                                                  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment