Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Movie Review 14: Godzilla

Yesterday (Monday May 26th, 2014), I saw two movies; X-Men:Days of Future Past (which I put up a review for), and Godzilla (which I didn't get a review up for yet), so here it is:
Now, I wasn't in awe of 'Godzilla,' however I wasn't utterly dissapointed either. I liked the way that they portrayed Godzilla. I do wish they would have had more of Godzilla in it and not as much of the Brody family's struggle (even though I don't mind it sometimes). Godzilla only made appearances throughout the movie, and only made a significant appearance starting halfway through the movie (then he keeps popping up). Ford Brody goes through a lot in this movie! Don't worry I'll spare you most of the details (no spoilers attached); I mean, come on! He is trying to get back to his family and he keeps getting caught up, if it's not one thing, it's another, all the while saving lives! Kudos to him! The special effects were awesome too! Most people have seen thin in one of the trailers so I'll put it in here, Godzilla's spine/spikes glow! Plus more... There was a lot in this movie, but it played out very organized, and at the end I was satisfied. This may not be one to see in theaters, but definitely check it out when it hits Netflix, Amazon instant video, Red-box or whatever you prefer to use when renting a movie. There were some funny moments in it too. Just little things, but I feel it made the movie better. Ok, so here is a small spoiler(sort of)...
Good job Godzilla! Don't worry it will all make sense when you see it. ;)

Anyway, thanks for reading this and look for some actual book reviews shortly.
               
                                                                       Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment