Saturday, May 10, 2014

Book Review 21: 'The One' by Kiera Cass

So, unfortunately I can't give you much without divulging a lot of spoilers so here is what I can give you. Out of all the books I have read (some I don't have reviews for...YET), I have only stayed up all night to finish three; 1: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins; 2: Insurgent (Book 2 in the Divergent trilogy) by Veronica Roth; And now 3: The One by Kiera Cass. Last night (I only received the book yesterday), I decided to read just the first chapter of The One, after that chapter I thought to myself, 'Well, maybe just one more chapter.' We all know how that ended, with a finished book and a girl who got less than two hours of sleep. I am usually partial to the first book a series, or trilogy, or duology, etc. But with this trilogy my favorite book is the last; The One. I cannot tell you enough how much I loved this book. There were a lot of things that I didn't expect and one that I sort of did. A friend who I got to read the first two books, guessed this one thing correctly. Anyway, I will tell you that everyone is somewhat happy at the end, although, there are sad and frustrating and worrisome moments, I loved this book. Kiera, if you happen to come across this post, I just want to say thank you for giving me, no, us, a look into America's world and the world of Illea (sorry the wrong e, :) ) Thank you for allowing us to go through things with her and cheer her on or yell in our bedrooms (or wherever you were reading these books) at things that happened. I loved the way you brought this story to an end, however I must ask, Why!? Also, can you please write more short stories for us to fill our need to know more about the characters we love(d)? Okay, sorry I'm off my little spiel, anyway, I don;t think anyone will be disappointed, however it definitely wasn't something I expected, and most likely not what you will expect too. There was a little more language that the other books, however it still wasn't anything severe, and it is a little more violent, the violence is a little more prevent and the story revolves around it more. I love the fact that the characters are human, they make mistakes and try to fix them, some the do, and some they don't just like in real life. Also, there is death and injury and bravery, and all sorts of acts of selflessness, but there is more, there is love and comfort, and just all sorts of feels! (Can you tell I am fangirling?) Anyway, I loved it and hope you will too, if you haven't started the trilogy you so should! The first book is called, The Selection. Here are the purchase links:
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-selection-kiera-cass/1106580335?ean=9780062059949
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Selection-Kiera-Cass/dp/0062059947/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399742212&sr=8-1&keywords=The+selection
And here is the Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10507293-the-selection?from_search=true

          I'm sorry I can't give you more, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone so this is all I can do.
The trilogy as a whole is amazing and a unique idea. I loved all the books, and cannot wait to see what Kiera has in store for her fans!                       Here is a picture of the trilogy:


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment