Friday, March 21, 2014

Movie Review 9:Divergent

So, I just got home from seeing Divergent, and may I say, that I enjoyed it. Now, after reading the book and seeing the movie I'd much prefer the book. However, Shailene Woodley did an amazing job portraying Tris, and Theo James did pretty well as Four as well. I hope I am being Erudite (in the fact of guessing what you all like) when I say that parts of the book that fans would want in the movie were not there, however what was there is what every fan of the books hoped would be in it, along with a few changes to scenes you love. All of the actors did well in their roles and the Director, Neil Burger did an awesome job of bringing everyone's favorite heroes to life, and bringing our dreams to life as well. Now, I don't want to say too much, since not everyone has seen it yet. However, I will say that the Ferris Wheel scene is amazing, and one of my favorite parts of the moving, along with some more emotional ones too. If you have read the book, please don't be afraid to see the movie, as Four states, "Be Brave." I hope you will not be disappointed, I must be Candor and tell the truth, out of a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, this movie was an 8.5, for me at least. I will tell you that Veronica Roth, author of Divergent (in case you didn't know), makes a cameo in this film so watch for her about half way through, (soon after the Ferris Wheel). I suppose I should be Abnegation and think of your feeling on spoilers and not spoil anything else. I hope I am taking Amity's virtue and putting to good use by trying too keep the peace and keep spoilers from this review.
So, I have one final request:
Be Dauntless and see Divergent, and then see how you can be Divergent in your personal life.
                                                                 Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment