Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Here's what I've been up to (book-signing edition)

So, in the last post I made before disappearing (for three years), I told you guys I was gonna talk abut a few of the books signings I had attended. It took some digging through pictures, and posts to find them. And here they are! Now, I've met plenty of other authors that I didn't get pictures with, but I'll share as many details as possible. (I apologize if any of these are repeats (I don't think they are though)

Book signing #1 
The one and only Veronica Roth!
Yes, I did actually get to meet the author of "Divergent," "Insurgent," "Allegiant," "Four," "Carve The Mark," "The Fates Divide," "The End And Other Beginnings," and "The Chosen One"
She was awesome! Really chill, super down to earth, and fun to talk to!  
So, this was back in late January of 2017, so while I can't remember all the details, I do have a few pics! (I apologize for the quality, I know they're really low...)

I was also able to attend Books by the Banks in Cincinnati, Ohio, where I met so many amazing authors, some of whom I was able to get a pic with..
   Rainbow Rowell, author of "Fangirl," "Landline," "Eleanor & Park," "Attachments," and "Carry On,"                                                                
   David Arnold, author of “Mosquitoland," "Kids of Appetite," The Strange Fascinations of Noah Hypnotik,"Behind the Song," and "The Electric Kingdom"

At Books By The Banks I also met Adi Alsaid, 

And! I was able to visit with some of my favs Nat Richards, and Lorie Langdon


Next event was the Ohioana Book Festival of 2018, I was able to volunteer and it was a blast! Not only was I able to help out my local library, but I was able to shop awesome books for all ages and genres and meet amazing authors as well!

Now, unfortunately, due to the craziness and speed of the day, I wasn't able to get any pics with the authors I met, but I'll share a cover picture of their book(s)..
So first up is Kurt Dinan author of "Don't Get Caught." 
He was super cool! 

And Mindee Arnett, author of "Avalon," Polaris," "Proxy," "The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy series)," "Onyx and Ivory (Rime Chronicles series),"
She was so sweet, and has great sense of style!


And of course, I got see Nat Richards, Carey Corp, Lorie Langdon, Mindy McGinnis, Tara Tyler, Tracy Lawson, along with plenty of others (my mind is failing me!)


I was thankfully able to attend (and volunteer) The Ohioana Book Fest again last year (2019), and again met some really cool authors!
Including, but not limited to,
D. W. Vogel, author of the "Horizon Alpha Series"

Dee Garretson, author of "The Torch World Series,"

And, Stephen Markley, author of "Ohio"


Now, the last one I'll share for now (perhaps I've shared this in a post years ago, I didn't see it though), is the one and only Kiera Cass!!
Author of "The Selection," "The Elite," "The One," "Happily Ever After," The Selection Stories," The Heir," "The Crown," "The Siren," and, "The Betrothed."
OMG! You guys she's amazing! so sweet and funny! I just can't even begin to describe her! (And yes, I did take her a One Direction themed pen and wallet (made with duct tape by my sister) that's what she's opening in couple of the pictures)
So, she did a book signing at Joesph-Beth Booksellers in Cincinnati a few years back, and I was able to go!
This signing was for "The Siren," 

So, there's my bookish adventures for the past few years that I've been absent. And, I hope to have many more to come!
I might post another update post with more details all about my adventures outside of the book realm..
And my first book review of the year (or past few) is coming this weekend!
I can't wait for you to read it! 
Thank you for being patient and sticking it out with me!

-Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment