Monday, August 25, 2014

Movie Review 18: The Hundred-Foot Journey

I recently saw The Hundred-Foot Journey and really enjoyed it, although I was rather hungry afterwards. It has a PG rating, and is a great family movie. I went to this movie, thinking that it was going to be a 'Chick-flick' however, I do not feel that it is entirely a full on chick-flick. It has it's romantic moments, but there is also comedy, and drama in it. Now, for those "hardcore" guys out there, don't go see it, but if you are looking for something fun to do for a couple hours with the fam, then go see it, maybe even go to a dine-in theater. There are a few sad moments, but in the end you get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. The cast did a wonderful job as well! Helen Mirren is a gem! Everything I have seen her in I have loved! And Manish Dayal (Hassan), wow, great actor! I guess I can say that I have nothing bad to say about the cast. And really the story itself was great! I saw the book and now want to read it! But, not until I get some of my other books read first, almost done with three (about). So, go see it at your local theater or, wait and see it once it comes out on dvd, up to you. Either way everyone should see this movie. Obviously, considering it's PG rating it is very clean. It is also funny, and as I mentioned before, upbeat. Also, like I said before, you will probably want to grab a bite after you see it, whether it is at your favorite restaurant, or trying something new. I know it has made me want to try new foods more often.



In other news, here are some updates:
We are almost at 2,000 (around 100 left) views in about a year. Wow! Seriously guys (and gals) Thank you so freaking much! I can't believe it. 
To thank you I am will be hosting a giveaway when we reach 2,000, which should be soon. Unfortunately right now, I cannot host it internationally, but hopefully in the future I will be able to. But, for now it will just be U.S. I am finishing up getting everything together in the next couple weeks. So, keep checking back!
Another update:
I received a couple books from Goodreads (giveaways); The first is Evasion by Mark Leslie, and the second is Accidentally Married by Victorine E. Lieske. 
Final update for now: What I am reading:
Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick
The Diary of Anne Frank
The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cumming 

So that is it for now, I will post the full giveaway details in a couple of days. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment